Workshop 1 – Modules 1&2
On day 1 we spend some time getting to know each other and contracting for our work together. We provide an overview of the programme and its requirements, and consider definitions of coaching and its relationship to counselling/therapy and mentoring. There will be an opportunity to consider where you are currently in relation to meeting coaching competences at Senior Practitioner level. We consider a spectrum of interventions from non-directive to directive, and invite you to consider what kind of coach you would like to become.
On day 2 we introduce working in triads and feedback and teach a core-coaching framework into which you can integrate other models and tools. On day 3 we focus on contracting and ethical dilemmas, exploring trust, rapport and intent. From day 1 you will be practicing everything you are learning in triads, with trainers observing and providing feedback.
Workshop 2 – Module 3
Day 4 of the programme starts with an opportunity to critically assess the theoretical foundation upon which you are building your coaching approach. You will consider how you develop and maintain coaching presence. We introduce key tools which will enable you to explore strengths, aspirations and goals with your coachees, for you to practice in triads. On day 5 we will introduce further frameworks and tools relating to working effectively with change and you will have extensive time for observed skills practice.
Workshop 3 – Modules 4&5
Support in between workshops
We encourage self-guided learning and reflective practice, but we also know that support and contact with your peers between workshops can be invaluable. On the Therapist2Coach programme you will have the following support:
- A co-coaching buddy – working with one or two of your peers on the programme via Skype or face-to-face
- Co-supervision – working with another peer from the programme
- Two free professional supervision sessions
- An online action learning set between workshops 2 and 3
- Participant pages of this website – packed full of resources, links, information and updates
- LinkedIn Therapist2Coach Alumni Group – where participants post questions, links, ideas and discussion and support each other
- Contact with Therapist2Coach via the administrator for questions about the portfolio and the programme