I know what it is like when you start practicing something new – you have so many questions and do not always know which way to turn. So, here is a quick guide if you have a question or concern in between workshops.
If your query is about the training programme, the portfolio forms, dates, feedback or a complaint
Please contact the Trainer, who is available Monday to Thursday during normal working hours (Fridays and Saturdays on workshop days only) and she will try to answer your questions:
Please note that I aim to get back to you with a response within three working days.
If your query is to do with building confidence, getting or seeing a new coachee, or how to use tools and techniques
1. Trust the process! Use TGROW and remember the skills you already have as a therapist of active listening and being able to sit with ‘not knowing’. Just providing a confidential time to think can be invaluable. Remember you are training – you are not expected to know it all, and your coachees will be aware of this from when you had your contracting/working agreement session with them.
2. Ask your buddies on the Therapist to Coach programme or your co-coaching colleague. You may find that in talking through your concerns you will find your own solutions – a key tenet of being a coach!
3. This is likely to be something you can pick up in your co-supervision or you can book a professional supervision session (two come free as part of the programme, but more can be purchased at a reduced fee). To book one of your two supervision sessions, please contact the supervisor directly.
Please note that we aim to provide you with a supervision session within seven working days.
4. Book a 60 minute tutorial with the trainer – two sessions are available for free as part of the programme. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
5. I will go through any questions and concerns you have at the next workshop.
All this thinking and reflection is great for your portfolio, so don’t forget to make a note of your learning.